Below is the Study Guide for Chapter 14: Works of Mercy and Social Justice.
NOTE: We skipped Chapter 13. You can go ahead and read it and ask questions about it, but I won't provide a Study Guide for that chapter.
1. What is the metaphor Paprocki uses for this chapter?
2. What do you make of the Faith vs. Works “debate.”
3. Take a look at the parish bulletin or other church activities. What examples of Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy do you find there or are you familiar with doing yourself?
4. How would you explain Social Justice?
5. What examples of activities that follow Catholic Social Teaching do you find in our church or on the news, or in your own lives? What questions do you have about Catholic Social Teaching themes?
6. Under “So What”? Paprocki concentrates on SOLIDARITY. Why is solidarity so important?